McKenna Ryan Group Quilt-a-Long
A place to share our journey to completing a McKenna Ryan project
- one block, many blocks or a quilt.

Sunday 19 January 2014

A Finish

Ok Girls I have done it...I have finished my first McKenna Ryan wall hanging....
Here she is...yep have a close look cause thats all your going to get...lol
 Oh Alright I will give you a closer look....but no more alright...
 Well maybe just a quick look, but then look away....
I have not seen - up close and personal - a McKenna Ryan finished project so I was not sure how much stitching I was suppose to do...so I put some veins on the leaves....and yes I did choose a better stitched section of the wall hanging to show you....
I need, in future, to learn to control my hands, they have a mind of their own...I want the stitching to go one way and they were taking it in a totally different direction...so annoying...
Anyhow this group has definitely given me the push I have needed to pull my patterns out and give it a go...now where is my other pattern....
Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress...catchya all next time...
Sandi
xx

4 comments:

Susan said...

Seriously, you are saying this is not so good??? - its terrific...I can hardly see any uneven stitches at all... Pretty B%$$*& Perfect if you ask me...now I am too embarassed to show you my sea creatures.....
How much stitching? - enough to hold all the pieces and then enough to show the detail...like the veins etc.
Again a fantastic job.

And remember to do a commnet and flag it so you see the comments....

Maureen Clare said...

You go girl....you have mastered the "pogo". Looks brilliant and stitching in veins and things is the way to go. You will get more adventurous as you go. I am still trying to put my design to paper, so I am totally impressed.

Sandi said...

I told you Susan, I chose where I took the close up photo - I have some really stinky areas....lol
I will bring it to show you and then you will see the crappy bits...
Oh and thanks Susan and Maureen for the encouragement and I didn't end up using the "pogo"
only the open toed foot..

Béa said...

Congrats ! How much stitching :I outline every shape and add details in the larger areas like veins, clouds, water, ...